- The launch of the iPhone SE spikes orders for mobile phones.
- Retailers and resellers placed their inventory orders in week 16, which is reflected in an almost 500 percent increase in the mobile phone category compared to week 15.
- After peaks in orders for upgrading the home workplace, home gym and personal care, there is now a clear increase in the category of remaining consumer electronics.
- This increase is entirely due to household appliances.
- Without the option of eating out, many people upgrade or replace their kitchen appliances.
- The personal care devices remain popular. This category shows a high order quantity for the third week in a row.
- Apparently the consumer does not want to wait until the corona rules for hairdressers become less strict and take action by themselves.
The total number of orders has decreased
The total number of orders placed for all product groups shows a decrease. We keep a close eye on the total numbers of orders to be able to observe a trend over several weeks.
Insight into relevant purchasing effects
Onetrail processes the data of thousands of orders within the IT market daily via the Onetrail Trading Partner Network. Based on the data, it is easy to observe significant spikes in demand for products and relevant purchasing effects through the corona crisis. With these Corona updates we provide insight into the most striking shifts.
In the coming weeks we will continue to monitor our database for relevant purchasing effects due to the corona crisis.
Current status corona measures
From Thursday in week eleven, the entire country has to work from home as much as possible. From week twelve the schools are closed, everyone with a non-vital profession works at home and we only go outside when necessary. The 1.5-meter distance measure applies throughout the whole country and for everyone. The current (home-working) measures will certainly continue until April 28, 2020. All this with the aim of containing the corona spread.
Tell us, what numbers intrigue interest in you?
Which numbers are you curious about, and would you like us to look into them for you? Tell us, and we will have a serious look at it and share (where possible) the insights with you.
Send your tips to email@example.com. For more information on this subject, please contact Onetrail via this e-mail address.